175 South State Street
Manhattan, IL 60442
- November (3)
- November (3)
- September (2)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- Children's Teeth (1)
- Teeth Whitening (1)
- Tooth Brush (1)
- Toothache (1)
- Wisdom Teeth (1)
- Cavities (1)
- Dental Anxiety (1)
- Healthy Gums (1)
- Oral Hygiene (1)
- Gingivitis (1)
- Sealants (1)
- Straighten Your Teeth (1)
- Communicating With Your Dentist (1)
- Bruxism (1)
- Tooth Abscess (1)
- Dental Emergency (1)
- Canker Sore (1)
Posts for tag: Dental Anxiety
Do you fear trips to the dentist and procedures that follow? You're not alone. In fact, many people experience some degree of dental phobia, and some even avoid routine check-ups and cleanings because of it. Because regular dental visits to our Manhattan, IL dental office are vital to your overall health, it's critical that you overcome this fear to avoid serious dental problems in the future.
You may have dental phobia if you experience:
- Difficulty sleeping the nights leading up to a dentist appointment
- Feelings of nervousness that escalate while in the dental office waiting room
- Crying or feeling physically ill at the thought of your next dentist appointment
- Intense uneasiness when dental objects/instruments are placed in your mouth during the appointment
At Manhattan Dental Care, we want your visits to be as comfortable and pain free as possible. Our professionals are specially trained in handling fearful patients and offer a variety of methods and techniques to reduce fear and make your visits relaxing. Avoiding the dentist because of fear can have serious ramifications in terms of your dental health and overall well-being. Today, with advanced treatment techniques and a dentist trained to help you overcome dental anxiety, you can feel confident about restoring your oral health.
- Trust: We'll establish a rapport with you starting with your initial visit. We want you to trust our ability to provide you with the best dental care possible, so we welcome all questions and fears regarding your dental health.
- Communication: Before starting any treatments, we'll discuss exactly what the procedure entails. Let us know what scares you. Whether you fear pain, injections or a loss of control, we'll talk you through the procedure and modify the treatment plan to accommodate your misgivings.
- Relaxation: Controlled breathing and muscle relaxation can help calm your nerves before procedures. If it helps, bring a friend or relative with you to the appointment for support.
Bad experiences with oral health care providers in the past can lead to a lifetime of dental phobia. Let our dental professionals at [Name of Practice] provide quality, gentle dental care for your oral health needs and help you overcome your dental anxiety. We understand that trips to the dentist can be scary, but together, we can help you overcome your phobia once and for all to bring you a lifetime of good dental health.