175 South State Street
Manhattan, IL 60442
- November (3)
- November (3)
- September (2)
- August (2)
- July (2)
- Children's Teeth (1)
- Teeth Whitening (1)
- Tooth Brush (1)
- Toothache (1)
- Wisdom Teeth (1)
- Cavities (1)
- Dental Anxiety (1)
- Healthy Gums (1)
- Oral Hygiene (1)
- Gingivitis (1)
- Sealants (1)
- Straighten Your Teeth (1)
- Communicating With Your Dentist (1)
- Bruxism (1)
- Tooth Abscess (1)
- Dental Emergency (1)
- Canker Sore (1)
Posts for tag: Tooth Brush
Buying a new toothbrush can be difficult with so many different shapes, sizes and styles to choose from. Which toothbrush you use and how often you replace your toothbrush, however, is important for maintaining good oral health and a radiant smile. Here are some basic recommendations from Manhattan Dental Care to consider when selecting a toothbrush:
- Your toothbrush should be the right size for your mouth and teeth; it should not be uncomfortable to clean your teeth.
- Your toothbrush should have bristles that stand up straight.
- Choose a toothbrush with soft bristles that are gentle on your teeth and gums.
- Select a toothbrush with a handle that is easy to grip and long enough so as not to make the action of brushing awkward or difficult.
- Your toothbrush should have a marginally small head so it can fit comfortably between the teeth and cheek. The head of the toothbrush should be small enough to clean the back molars and other hard to reach areas.
How to Care for Your Toothbrush:
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months, or when the bristles look worn or bent.
- After an illness, throw away your old toothbrush and buy a new one to avoid re-infection.
- Never share toothbrushes as this increases the risk of infection and illnesses.
- After brushing, thoroughly rinse your toothbrush with water to remove remaining toothpaste and debris.
- Allow your toothbrush to air-dry by storing it in an upright position.
When you choose the toothbrush that is the right size and style for your mouth and dental care needs, you'll be able to clean your teeth more completely and help prevent the development of plaque and other dental diseases. If you need assistance deciding on the best toothbrush for your oral health needs, discuss your choice of toothbrush with our Manhattan, IL dental office.